Our client was founded in 2021 by an industry leader in the industrial sector. The firm’s founder comes previously held leadership roles with Link Logistics Real Estate, Blackstone’s U.S. industrial real estate operating platform and Gramercy Property Trust. This high-growth platform is an independent, privately held real estate investment management firm focused on the acquisition, development, and operation of high-quality industrial facilities in primary and growth markets across the U.S. Their acquisitions team targets stabilized industrial assets as well as value-add opportunities, and selective speculative new development in its target markets. This firm serves as a dedicated industrial partner to a real estate private equity firm and Registered Investment Adviser with its headquarters in Boston and with additional primary offices in San Francisco, Dallas and London. The collective platform has raised approximately $25 billion in capital commitments and invested or committed to invest in 426 transactions with a total peak capitalization of approximately $64 billion.
Our client is seeking a Vice President of Industrial Acquisitions to serve as a market leader in their respective region. The role will be focused on leading the day-to-day acquisition and development efforts in the region. The ideal candidate will have seven to twelve years industrial acquisitions experience across national and/or regional industrial markets. This role will be based in the firm’s Boston headquarters (a remote position located in the NY/NJ market or Atlanta will also be considered based on the candidate/fit) and will report directly to a CEO based in the New York metro.
- Collaborate with the CEO and acquisitions team to create an updated industrial acquisition thesis and execution strategy
- Assist with sourcing for acquisition opportunities through direct relationships with REITs, national/international investments firms, banks and the investment sales/brokerage community
- Assist in driving the national investment brand. As needed, travel to markets throughout North America to help evaluate portfolio or entity level acquisitions
- Help create a formalized investment committee process and provide general oversight through closing
- Ensure investment returns and strategy are being realized, including determining, tracking and reporting on appropriate metrics for measuring financial productivity and success
- Professionally and ethically serve as a representative of our client
- Network (brokers and owners), source, and underwrite new acquisitions
- Negotiate PSAs, broker agreements, financings, ground leases, etc.
- Tour markets and properties, research market conditions, analyze market data
- Author investment committee packages and present investment opportunities
- Lead and work with Asset, Development and Property Management team to perform due diligence on acquisitions and development opportunities
- Work closely with internal team to hire third-party consultants
- Assist in transition of new assets to property and asset management team
- Oversee the hiring of leasing brokers and ensuring value creation on actual leases and timing of sale/sale strategy as part of cradle to grave value creation process
- Participate with the company-wide investment team on investment strategy and regularly report on the macro and market specific industrial trends
- Assist in reporting on asset performance with internal stakeholders such as Asset Management, Accounting, Property Management, and Construction to firm leadership
- Possess an understanding of local and state entitlement pathways and be able to assess entitlement risk for ground-up and change of use to industrial development projects would be a plus
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 7 – 12 years of experience networking, sourcing and underwriting value add industrial acquisition opportunities
- Strong quantitative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office – Argus would be a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to learn quickly, work both independently and as a team member, and to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in an organized and efficient manner
- This position will require travel throughout the respective
This job is no longer active.