About the company:
Founded in 2008, Prime Finance is a fast growing, diversified commercial real estate credit investment platform. It seeks to deliver attractive returns to investors with a range of duration and risk/return options. Prime Finance has reached an inflection point in its growth trajectory which presents an immediate opportunity to accelerate that growth through further expansion of existing and new credit strategies as well as extensive investment in internal processes, systems, and resources.
Prime Finance is looking for a collaborative and motivated senior accountant to join the Accounting team based in San Francisco. This individual should possess an accounting background and a self-starter mentality. At minimum, four years of experience in a previous accounting role is required, and experience with private equity fund accounting is preferred.
The position will interact with and collaborate with the greater Accounting, Treasury, Tax, and Investor Relations functions. The position will work cross-functionally and build relationships with team members from other departments, external advisors, and members of the management team.
- Prepare monthly close and quarter-end financial reporting for multiple-entity investment funds reported on a fair value basis, including financial statements, key metrics, and investor capital activity statements
- Prepare and review the recording of transactions into the general ledger, including complex multiple entity allocation journal entries
- Prepare and review monthly/quarterly account reconciliations, bank reconciliation and other schedules primarily related to investments, any related debt, and capital
- Coordinate with the Treasury function related to cash management of the investment funds
- Prepare quarterly financial covenant analysis
- Prepare information for quarterly tax estimates and annual tax returns
- Prepare supplemental reporting as requested by certain external investors
- Prepare and review schedules for the annual audit and provide audit support as needed
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field or commensurate work experience required
- 4+ years of related accounting experience required, preferably in an investment fund setting
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with a particular focus on MS Excel required (pivot tables, sumifs, index/match, etc.)
- Able to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexible and able to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities
- Exceptionally process and detail oriented
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of our investors', partners', and internal affairs
- Exceptional communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Team-oriented and able to share information, goals, opportunities, successes and failures with appropriate parties
- Ability to understand and enter intercompany transactions on a multi-ledger accounting system
- Experience using Yardi or other accounting GL and Financial Reporting systems preferred
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement:
To protect the health and safety of our employees, clients, and partners, Prime Finance requires anyone who is offered and accepts a conditional offer of employment to be fully vaccinated by their start date. Anyone unable to be fully vaccinated due to protected medical and religious reasons, or any other type of accommodation as required by law, may submit an accommodation request for consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Prime Finance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This job is no longer active.