Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Investment Management (MIM) is one of the largest institutional investors and asset managers in the world, with over $669 billion in combined managed assets, and has consistently generated superior returns for both policyholders and shareholders. The enterprise has more than 900 dedicated professionals with extensive experience and expertise across public and private fixed income and private assets, including real estate. Visit us at to learn more.
MIM offers investors a commercial mortgage strategy that seeks to identify a relatively broad spectrum of commercial mortgages that offer higher relative value and greater protection from default risk. MetLife’s commercial mortgage business focuses on institutional quality office buildings, retail centers, apartment complexes, industrial properties and hotels that are located in targeted primary, secondary and select tertiary markets. Professionals in MIM’s seven domestic regional offices (Northeast, Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Southeast, Washington DC, and Whippany, NJ) and four international offices (London, Mexico City, Tokyo, and Santiago) source, evaluate, underwrite and process the loans and have in-depth real estate knowledge and longstanding industry relationships.
The Senior Debt Analyst will play an important role in the Southeast regional office’s loan origination efforts by completing in-depth property and market analyses, assisting in the internal loan committee approval process, and closing senior commercial mortgage loan opportunities. The Senior Debt Analyst will provide primary support to the Debt Team’s MIM lending strategies for all capital sources.
- Support the Southeast Regional Office Debt Team in the sourcing and originating of new first mortgage loans and subordinated debt by providing quantitative financial modeling and market analysis used in the property underwriting, valuation, and evaluation of potential opportunities across a range of property types and geographies.
- Collaborate with Debt Team members, brokers, property owners and other transaction counterparts to perform due diligence throughout the closing process.
- Play a major role in the preparation of investment memoranda and participate in deal presentations to the debt investment committee.
- Assist with loan asset management throughout the loan term, including property financial statement analysis, investor reporting and property inspections.
- Perform internal and external ad hoc reporting, pipeline tracking using MetLife’s proprietary mortgage production system and provide systems database support.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- At least 2 years relevant experience with demonstrated understanding of commercial real estate valuation and discounted cash flow analysis.
- Results orientated team player. Emphasis on communication skills (both oral and written), ability to handle multiple assignments, strong work ethic and time management skills.
- Strong quantitative and computer skills, specifically advanced Excel, and Argus Enterprise modeling.
- To post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
- Preference given to candidates who have relevant experience and familiarity with the leading commercial real estate market data resources (i.e.-CoStar, CBRE Econometric Advisors, Real Capital Analytics, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Real Estate, Economics, Math, Statistics, Liberal Arts, or a related field of study. MBA or MSRE is a plus.
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
This job is no longer active.