The Milestone Group is a leading national real estate investment firm focused on the U.S.
multifamily sector. The firm relies on rigorous research, analytics and active investment
management across $9 billion of real estate investments over the last 20 years.
We are seeking a dynamic and talented individual to join our asset management team as a Financial
Analyst/Associate in our Dallas, TX office. In this role, you will play a crucial role in the
investment activities of our private equity real estate funds. The successful candidate will be
excited to leverage their strong analytical skills, financial knowledge, and multifamily real
estate expertise to be an effective team player across a variety of transaction and
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist the asset management team in conducting thorough due diligence on potential multifamily asset acquisitions.
- Collaborate with various internal departments and external resources to gather and analyze relevant data for due diligence purposes.
- Evaluate third-party reports, including property condition assessments, environmental reports, and lease-file audit findings to assess property viability and identify potential risks.
- Analyze property management budgets, rent rolls, and financial information to ensure accuracy and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Conduct market research to assess market trends, supply and demand dynamics, and competitive landscape for potential investment opportunities.
- Prepare comprehensive due diligence presentations for the investment committee, including detailed due diligence findings, financial analyses, market research, risk assessments, and business plan implications.
- Monitor the performance of existing multifamily assets, including analyzing financial statements, operational reports, and property performance indicators.
- Assist in the preparation of asset management reports, investor communications, and presentations to provide updates on asset performance and strategies.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in business, finance, or real estate preferred; MBA is not required but it is a plus.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in multifamily property management, investments, capital markets or investment sales.
- Familiarity with third party reports, property management budgets, rent rolls, and financial statements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Superior analytical, problem-solving with expertise in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Poise and the ability to interface with senior management and other industry professionals.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to travel if needed.
If you are a motivated individual looking to take the next step in your investment career, we encourage you to apply to join our team. Milestone offers an attractive compensation plan which includes a competitive salary and a performance-based bonus plan, matching 401k plan as well as a full medical benefits package. Milestone is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment.
This job is no longer active.