The Vice President of Asset Management will oversee the growing $1B+ portfolio. They will have a critical role in the management, value creation and strategic direction of all real estate assets. This includes being responsible for oversight, strategic management, valuations, and reporting of the portfolio. They will manage and lead the company’s diverse real estate leasing initiatives as well as interface with investors and lenders. The Company is looking for an energetic and proactive individual with asset management experience but also somebody who thinks creatively to make improvements to legacy processes and the business plan of each asset. This individual should have an owner’s mentality. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a small, entrepreneurial team, reporting directly to the Principals.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight of portfolio.
- Prepare financial analyses and written presentations of key investment decisions, such as financing, leasing and sale decisions.
- Work to implement technology solutions to help manage, benchmark, and improve property performance.
- Work with in-house management company to develop and implement operating budgets, capital investment plans, leasing/marketing plans, cost control strategies, risk management strategies, asset strategies (multi-year business plan) and other significant operational items with the goal of increasing/maximizing value.
- Review financial reporting and variance analyses and coordinate with accounting personnel to ensure the financial statements are accurately presented.
- Review and approve the annual business plan, leasing plan, capital program and operating budgets for each asset.
- Coordinate financings and re-financings of assets.
- Lender/loan compliance.
- Prepare and assist with lender, internal, and investor reporting. Prepare quarterly investor reports, property valuations and financial projections.
- Comply with all investor monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Oversee and manage relationships with partners, co-investors and lenders.
- Understand the local markets, the development pipeline, and other economic drivers that could impact asset performance.
- Negotiate all terms of a lease contract with prospective landlords and partners.
- Ensure lease obligations are fulfilled and followed by management company.
Targeted Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years of real estate experience ideally with 3+ years of residential asset management experience.
- Proficient in Excel models and ability to quickly learn new program applications.
- Excellent analytical, research and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communications and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with a team player attitude.
- Relevant institutional real estate asset/portfolio management experience in the office, industrial, retail and/or multi-family product types.
- Real estate contracts and agreements.
This job is no longer active.