The Rotational Program is designed to offer a hands-on learning experience, the ability to gain exposure to multiple disciplines within the firm, and the opportunity to make a meaningful impact. Throughout the program, rotational employees will have the opportunity to interface with senior leaders, be mentored by industry experts, and work closely with seasoned professionals. The Rotational Program is an intensive two-year program that includes rotating through four departments, spending approximately six months in each area. The departments participating in the rotational program include Acquisitions, Capital Markets, Development, Asset Management, Portfolio Management, and Infrastructure. Department rotation assignments will be determined based on business and project needs. Rotational employees will gain an in-depth understanding of financial concepts, financial analysis, underwriting, valuations, property and portfolio reporting, due diligence, and much more. Rotational employees can expect to work in an inclusive and dynamic culture, one that instills in its employees their core values: Service, Integrity and Innovation. Upon completion of the two-year program, rotational employees who have demonstrated exceptional performance and are aligned with the company culture and core values may have the opportunity for longer-term employment.
- The Acquisitions department is responsible for sourcing new real estate investment opportunities. This includes evaluating potential investments, conducting financial analysis and underwriting, submitting offers, negotiating the purchase terms, performing due diligence, and closing on the transaction.
- The Development department oversees the design, development, and construction of real estate properties. Key responsibilities include preliminary transaction underwriting, preparation of investment brief(s), market feasibility analysis, coordination and execution of the due diligence process, tenant/client interaction, site acquisition, permitting, financing, and oversight of development partners, contractors and other third party vendors until construction completion.
- The Asset Management department ensures the superior operational performance of the real estate assets in the portfolio. Asset Management strives to generate strong net operating income and maintain high occupancy levels to maximize value creation at the asset level.
- The Capital Markets department is responsible for all aspects of debt financing for assets within the portfolio. This includes sourcing, underwriting, approving, and closing on both permanent financing and construction loans. Capital Markets also oversees the lending platform, which originates first mortgages to third party borrowers and hedging activities with interest rate swaps.
- The Portfolio Management department manages the various funds and separate accounts that hold the individual real estate investments. Portfolio Management includes a wide range of functions such as: managing the overall strategy of the fund, determining optimal asset allocation, cash management, and distribution activities, fund modeling, hold/sell analysis, compliance, and interaction with current and prospective investors.
- The Infrastructure department is responsible for sourcing and committing capital to infrastructure investments. This includes evaluating potential investments, conducting financial analysis and underwriting, submitting offers, negotiating the purchase terms, performing due diligence, and closing on the transaction.
- Pursuing or has received a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics, or a related field.
- Graduation date must be between December 2023 - May 2024.
- Excellent academic background with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and above. GPA of 3.5 and above preferred.
- Demonstrable interest in the commercial real estate industry and in Affinius Capital.
- Must be interested and willing to relocate to San Antonio, TX for the two year duration of this program.
- Understanding of basic finance concepts and how to calculate metrics such as internal rate of return, and net present value/discounted cash flow.
- Computer proficiency and demonstrated experience with financial modeling in Excel.
- Familiarity with Argus Enterprise is a plus.
- Must be willing to work on-site full-time.
At Affinius Capital our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Affinius Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regarding to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This job is no longer active.