Sterling is currently seeking a retail property manager to manage multiple retail shopping centers owned by the company. The individual will be based out of Dallas, Texas and will initially be responsible and accountable for the overall management of owned assets, comprising of approximately 200,000 growing to 1,000,000 square feet throughout the United States.
• Direct and assist in billing and collection of all monies, rents, and charges
• Collaborate with team to meet leasing and marketing performance objectives
• Develop and maintain ethical, professional, and courteous relations with contractors and tenants.
• Manage and develop all property personnel
• Maintain effective cost control
• Ensure compliance with lease obligations
• Budget, analyze and forecast property expenses, including capital expenditures
• Manage accurate record keeping and reporting of all data for properties, tenants, and vendors
• Obtain bids from, negotiate with, and supervise outside vendors
• Oversee the condition of, and implementing programs for, property maintenance
• Coordinate with other departments (e.g. acquisitions, dispositions, construction, accounting, finance and legal) in relation to property management functions.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Prior involvement in the management of retail real estate assets
• Prior involvement in the management of Condo Associations
• Sufficient knowledge of the shopping center industry
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel (familiarity with Yardi is a plus)
Salary to be negotiated. Benefits include medical, dental and 401(k).