Our client is a Miami-based investment company that operates a series of discretionary private equity funds focused on real estate lending. The company specializes in structuring loans for middle market transactions in need of special situation or creative financing solutions. With over $1 billion of assets financed, our client is a leading private lender in the Southeast US. They offer a collaborative work environment with a young entrepreneurial team and a flat organization structure that promotes growth, learning and long-term retention.
Our client is seeking a full-time, seasoned investment professional to join our team as an Originations Associate. The role will be responsible for loan origination, investment underwriting, due diligence, and execution. This candidate should be an independent self-starter with a strong analytical background, ability to multitask and excellent attention to detail. This is an experienced role involved in supporting the decision-making process for valuing transactions and the direct execution for fund investments. Candidate should have experience in real estate deal structuring from both the economical and legal perspectives. Real estate industry and mortgage market knowledge including the ability to leverage existing relationships to underwrite new lending opportunities. A majority of the candidate’s time will be spent managing through the deal life cycle including origination, underwriting, due diligence and closing. Past underwriting, valuation and risk analysis experience is also required as the role mandates the ability to evaluate transactions.
- Originate, structure, underwrite and close high yield real estate debt investments including pre-development land loans, bridge loans and construction loans across all asset classes.
- Interface with potential borrowers and clients to screen, negotiate and structure new opportunities.
- Collect, analyze, summarize, and organize all diligence materials provided on multiple transactions simultaneously, including entity documents, 3rd party reports, financials, title, entity/property searches and construction review.
- Develop and maintain relationships with target borrowers and intermediaries.
- Oversee and coordinate the due diligence of each transaction including credit underwriting, analysis of third-party reports and oversight of transaction structuring and documentation.
- Work closely with outside legal counsel to negotiate and structure term sheets, loan document and other applicable legal documentation.
- Develop and present internal memorandum to Credit Committee.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Approximately 2-4 years of real estate experience, preferably structuring equity, or debt transactions
- Self-starter attitude with ability to act independently as well as think outside of the box
- Strong underwriting and modeling experience
- Natural leadership ability, poise, and professional demeanor
- Strong network of contacts throughout the real estate industry
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with Finance or Real Estate focus
This job is no longer active.