When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you'll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
As a Vice President - Corporate Operations with Hines, you will be responsible for providing corporate leadership of the firm's model for premier operations services. This includes providing the strategic planning and vision to maintain the firm's industry leading position via the development of standards, programs, policies, and reporting requirements. This position supports the properties, regions and funds in business activities that may be impacted by operations. This position leads, as well as conducts, the on-site assessment program that is designed to identify risk at the property level and evaluate compliance with operations standards while providing training and support to employees. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Department Functions:
- Hire, develop, and manage the performance of corporate operations staff.
- Negotiate contracts and national agreements and assure delivery of services are being upheld.
- Assist in the research of new technologies being introduced to CRE.
- Prepare and manage annual budget, including recoveries and variance explanations.
- Provide an annual assessment/support visit schedule to regional leadership and assure visits are performed.
- Communicate all operations initiatives firm-wide.
- Coordinate and host Property Management Conferences.
- Manage/participate in internal programs and working groups:
- BOMA Office EER Survey
- Tenant Satisfaction Survey
- Tenant Retention Survey
- Cybersecurity Initiative
- PM/FM Conference(s)
- Best Practices
- Business Technology Coordination Group
- Property Management/Operations Leadership
- Crisis Management
- Pandemic Team
- Innovation & COES Coordination
- Essential Functions:
- Provide a resource role to assist properties, regions and central management with long range and day-to-day issues, opportunities, and emergencies.
- Assume the role in maintaining product quality and continuity, where appropriate, on a company-wide basis.
- Develop and maintain contractor relations on a national basis.
- Provide operations guidance as required to ownership in the areas of building operations, capital project management and start-up and/or disposition activities.
- Conduct operations assessments of properties in accordance with the current assessment guidelines and scheduling.
- Serve as a resource in the further development of regional property management personnel.
- Provide support to the regions/properties on operations matters pertaining to new development, acquisition, or third-party management projects.
- Participate in maintaining and producing firm-wide industry related or Hines-specific reporting.
- Participate in the development and recommendation policies of programs consistent with the firm's business objectives.
- Engage with the Learning and Development department in developing and maintaining training materials.
- Travel as required to meet position responsibilities.
- Provide emergency or crisis support to regions and properties.
- Other Functions:
- May engage with Central Engineering with development of programs or to co-support regions and properties.
- May engage in supporting operations business activity in foreign countries.
- May engage in special projects and programs related to changes in the industry or related technologies.
- May develop additional national contract opportunities.
- May develop and recommend, where appropriate, additional benchmark/historical performance measures.
- May represent Hines in select business, community and industry organizations and groups.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by Senior Vice President - COES.
Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field from an accredited institution.
- Ten or more years of property management experience or related degree and practical experience to reach equivalent.
Provide vision, leadership, and direction on issues related to the firm's Property Management and Operations discipline.
Provide vision, leadership, and direction to his/her direct reports.
Exchange ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate policies and programs and/or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions, or solutions.
Provide leadership while maintaining a calm demeanor in emergency situations.
Establish a cooperative working atmosphere among staff.
Apply principles of rational systems to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic or schedule form.
Prepare business correspondence, presentations, summaries, and reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
Demonstrate working knowledge of all firm's resources and standards.
Speak effectively before an audience with confidence.
Read newspapers, periodicals, journals, manuals, financial reports, and legal documents regularly.
Analyze data to discover facts and/or develop knowledge, concepts, or interpretations.
Use technology proficiently as may be required to fulfill position responsibilities.
Unwavering commitment to integrity, the firm's Guiding Principles and our Leadership Principles.
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm founded in 1957 with a presence in 285 cities in 28 countries. Hines oversees investment assets under management totaling approximately $90.3 billion¹. In addition, Hines provides third-party property-level services to 373 properties totaling 114.2 million square feet. Historically, Hines has developed, redeveloped or acquired approximately 1,530 properties, totaling over 511 million square feet. The firm currently has more than 198 developments underway around the world. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, and a foundational commitment to ESG, Hines is one of the largest and most-respected real estate organizations in the world. Visit for more information. ¹Includes both the global Hines organization as well as RIA AUM as of December 31, 2021.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.
*Salary is to be discussed during the interview process and the estimated salary shown is inaccurate. The salary offered is determined based on experience.
10+ to 15 years