About The Role:The Development Associate is an instrumental part of the New Development team and will work closely with the SVP of Development, Director of Development, and the entire team.
This is a unique opportunity that will allow you to learn all aspects of the business and give you exposure to teammates and clients at all levels of the organization. You will play an instrumental role in preparing for and leading monthly update meetings with the C-Suite and Executive Management team; provide administrative support to the department (scheduling meetings both internally and externally, preparing client presentations, preparing excel spreadsheets, etc.); and work on ad-hoc projects in collaboration with teammates in various departments across the organization.
The New Development team is quickly growing with the number of tenants we are working with and sites we have in our pipeline. As a key role on the New Development team, you will take initiative by meeting with brokers to source new sites, collaborate with engineers and land use attorneys to entitle sites, and negotiate lease terms with tenants to move projects forward. As our pipeline grows, the opportunity for you to be promoted and take on more responsibility within the organization solidifies. Additionally, future projects will create additional staffing requirements, where the Development Associate will be able to step into a management role.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of 1 year of full-time experience in a corporate setting
- High proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook)
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the company
- Willingness to take initiative and complete projects independently in a timely fashion without excessive oversight
- Outstanding work ethic and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong interest in real estate
- Bachelor’s degree
Apply for this job