Larkspur, CA (San Francisco Bay Area) or Los Angeles, CA
Founded in 2010, Mile Rock Capital is a value-oriented real estate private equity firm. Since inception, Mile Rock has acquired assets totaling $2.0 billion in value with a diverse group of investors including institutions, endowments, family offices and high net worth individuals.
Mile Rock is currently investing out of its second discretionary real estate fund, which is a long-duration vehicle with a broad mandate to invest opportunistically in any property type and across the capital structure.
Primary target markets include Northern & Southern California, Seattle, Denver, Denver, Nashville, Austin, Dallas, Houston and Raleigh.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain Excel and ARGUS based financial models across a wide range of property types, investment profiles and deal structures
- Perform market and opportunity-specific research to support a wide range of investment decision-making (acquisitions, dispositions, asset management, portfolio management)
- Assist is transaction execution, including managing the due diligence, lender and legal processes
- Assist in transaction due diligence, including underwriting analysis, in-depth review of tenant leases and financials and review of all property-related reports
- Assist in preparing investment memorandums and other presentation materials for prospective acquisitions
- Assist in the review and negotiation of legal agreements (including purchase and sale agreements, loan documents, leases and JV agreements)
- Assist in the development and execution of owned-assets’ business plans, including on-going capital investment projects, debt refinancing and property divestment
- Develop and maintain reports and materials for the ongoing asset management of owned properties
- Assist in preparing external presentations and reports, including for existing or prospective investors
- Interface with local brokers, partners, third party consultants, attorneys and transaction counterparties
- Assist senior staff on any other investment, portfolio, operational or corporate-related tasks that may come up from time to time
- A bachelor’s degree and 1 to 3 years of prior real estate investment or investment banking experience. Undergraduates will be considered on a select basis if candidate can demonstrate Real Estate experience and knowledge.
- High level of proficiency in Excel and experience in ARGUS preferred
- Experience with complex financial modeling, including cash flow models, sensitivity tables, debt and equity waterfall structures, and other financial analyses required to evaluate and pursue commercial real estate opportunities
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to work well independently and within a small team
Apply for this job