ABOUT THE COMPANY
Hazelview Investments is an active investor, owner and manager of global real estate assets. Founded in 1999, Hazelview currently manages over $10.3 billion in total assets across two key investment strategies; direct investments in real estate and investment in publicly traded companies that own investment-grade real estate. We use our global knowledge and expertise to make insightful real estate investments and to actively create value for our team, clients, residents and tenants. We see value potential that others have missed. We bring the same philosophy to human investment that we bring to asset investment; focus on the underlying value, commit to maximizing its potential; work at it; be patient; take personal responsibility; share in the rewards. We’re driven to create value for people and places.
Vision: “We create value for people and places”.
Our Core Values:
- Ownership Mindset
- Having Fun
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Partner, Institutional & Consultant Relations (REITs) reports to the Managing Partner & Head of Capital & Partnerships. The role is an integral part of the Sales team and will be responsible for leading and expanding Institutional Sales within the REIT market globally. The ideal candidate is a great team player, passionate about the industry, energetic and motivated.
- Identify and implement opportunities to build business, including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services.
- Leverage existing global institutional client relationships while cultivating new relationships.
- Increase Sales and market share growth with a focus on the REIT market globally, while maintaining existing relationships.
- Develop a business plan globally that will lead to increasing sales goals and objectives.
- Prepare and present the firm’s investment capabilities and investment products to key decision makers.
- Develop strong relationships and work collaboratively with global internal stakeholders to keep them up to date on business development strategies.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Hazelview products, including features and benefits to solve advisor needs.
- Conduct outbound prospecting calls to build opportunities within the REIT market.
- Manage and develop systems to create efficiencies including meeting preparation and follow-up, lead generation and budget management.
Education and Experience:
- 8+ years of proven experience leading sales and business development with institutional investor/consultant relationships
- Established relationships within the industry a must, with a focus on REITs
- Knowledgeable of current trends in the real estate investment trusts industry
- An undergraduate degree in Finance, Real Estate or an equivalent industry is preferred
- A CFA, MBA, CFP or CIM designation is a nice-to-have but not required
- Extensive travel for this role is required
- High energy self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude, entrepreneurial and proactive
- Strong communication (verbal/written), interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong quantitative skills focused on financial analysis, accounting, and financial theory
- Well-developed presentation and telephone skills
- Ability to create and maintain client relationships
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, driven work environment
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as within a close team environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Superior attention to detail, organizational skills, and a curious mind
- Ability to speak other languages is considered an asset
- Actively championing diversity, equity and inclusion to create an environment of belonging
Hazelview Investments is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. If you require a disability–related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know. We will accommodate your needs as required under applicable legislation. Information related to accommodation requirements will be addressed confidentially. While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All selected candidates will be asked to complete pre-employment criminal & background checks. Any offer of employment is conditional upon satisfactory results of all applicable checks. We thank all applicants for their submissions.
8 years: Experience leading sales and business development with institutional investor/consultant relationships
This job is no longer active.